18 Oct A Short LOI vs a Long LOI
When it comes to an LOI, we’ve seen them on the back of a napkin and we’ve seen a 50 page brief… in this episode, we’re talking about the difference between a short LOI and a long LOI.
We’re answering the following questions about LOIs (Letter of Intent) in this episode of Shoot the Moon:
- What is a letter of intent?
- What is an indication of interest?
- What’s critical in a letter of intent?
- Why would you issue a letter of intent versus as indication of interest?
- The leading line of a letter of intent is it’s non-binding in nature. What portions of an LOI survive if the deal does not close?
- What are the benefits of a longer LOI?
- What risks come with that longer LOI?
- What risks come with a shorter LOI?