06 Jun Balancing Multiple Offers as Seller
In this episode, we’re covering how to handle multiple offers when you’re selling your firm. If you’re working with an advisor that has done a great job with outreach, hopefully as a seller you will have multiple offers to consider at the same time – so what do you do?
We’re answering a few important questions for sellers in this episode!
- What’s a lockout in an LOI?
- We’ve seen an example of a 2 week ‘close out’ period in a LOI. Being on both sides of the table, is this feasible?
- What’s the importance of getting an offer to balance the process?
- Once you have an offer in place what should sellers consider? Is this around EV, deal structure, both?
- What happens if you back out of a signed LOI for a better offer?