17 Sep How to Position your Business for Sale when Approaching Retirement
In this episode of Shoot the Moon, we cover the hot topic of CEOs who are approaching retirement or are thinking about retiring.
There is a handful of things to think about when selling your business:
- The intersection of technology: specialization
- Your Market focus: verticalization
- How well you build out the offering you have from a services perspective to look like a product: productization
At Revenue Rocket, we call this the SVP (Specialize, Verticalize, Productize) model which we believe must be optimized and aligned to get ready to sell! If not, you are leaving money and opportunity on the table. In our experience, the companies that achieve this model have more interest, leading to more buyers.
Value drivers for preparing your business for sale:
- Make sure your business model is optimized for growth and profit
- Focus on above average profit – preferably top quartile profit
- Drive higher EBITDA to get a higher the value of your business