22 Sep The Importance of Q4
With more than 90% of American businesses operating their fiscal year in line with the calendar year, the fourth quarter almost always brings with it additional goals, complexity, expenses, and often earnings but how should you react during an M&A process? In this episode of Shoot the Moon, we talk through the importance of Q4.
While each situation is different, the process remains the same. Planning and managing against established targets will ensure that Q4 is not packed with surprises, distractions and disappointment but rather an opportunity to complete a transaction with the best possible outcomes.
Today we are going to talk about a few things to consider while rounding out the year (Q4)
- A solid financial proforma that ties out to your operating budget
- Make adjustments in real-time. As financial targets are missed or exceeded, ensure your expansion or retraction plans are always ready.
- Don’t make the mistake of looking at Q4 in late Q3. Don’t defer the tough decisions on the “if-come”! Cut your losses and ensure you are hitting the rest of those targets.
- Ensure the process stays on track but not at the expense of missing your year. Losing sight of managing the day to day operation will result in missed targets and a delayed process
- Finish strong. Ending the year at or above targets established during an M&A process makes for a very short last minute discussion on last-minute negotiations.
In closing, the key to a good Q4 is having a great Q1, Q2, Q3! Revenue Rocket can help with your short and long term organic growth strategy we’ve been doing it for over 20 years! Let’s talk.