17 Feb How to Hire Your Next (or First) IT Services CXO
Revenue Rocket is proud to introduce a consulting partner, Isaac Cheifetz of Open Technologies, who specializes helping IT Services companies align their talent strategy with their business, as well as designing and recruiting for key roles. His posting below is the first in a series of How to Hire Your Next (or First) IT Services CXO
A VP of Sales is arguably the most important and expensive executive hire for an IT Services firm. Critical to the success of the hire is aligning the position with your business goals before you start interviewing. Here are four critical questions related to strategy:
- Is this a new position? If not, what can you learn from previous hires?
- What is the core capability you want this hire to add to the organization? What is the current gap in capabilities?
- What has changed in your product offerings – are you moving upstream on the value continuum?
- Do you need a rainmaker, sales manager or both?
Future Posts will address:
- Assessing candidate experience
- Eliminating candidates whose experience doesn’t match your sales model
- Reducing waste in the interview process.
Isaac Cheifetz is president of Open Technologies Consulting. He helps IT services firms hire key talent and align their talent strategy with their business goals. For more information go to www.opentechnologies.com or contact Isaac at Isaac@opentechnologies.com