09 Nov M&A A to Z: Timelines and Expectations
We have 20 years of experience and over 200 transactions under our belt in IT services M&A. In this episode we want to share our experience with the length of an M&A process and the timeline to getting a deal done.
We focus on answering questions about:
- What happens now that you’ve decided you want to either buy another firm or sell your firm? For example, you need to look at cultural and financial fit where 1 + 1 = 3.
- What makes your firm special?
- What is my “number”? What would I be willing to sell my business for or purchase another business for?
- What do the first 30 days of the process look like?
- Are your financials easy to understand?
- How many suitors need to be brought to the table?
- What does outreach look like?
- Should you use an advisor?
- How long do typical negotiations for an LOI take?
- What is a lockout?
- How long does it take to get from a letter of intent to close?
Related episode: listen to our thoughts on What to Expect when Expecting a Transaction here.